- Use your favourite pink lipstick as a cream blush.
- Run two cold spoons under a cold tap and place over your eyes and hold for 10 seconds in the morning to get rid of your bags instead of spending money on a depuffing eye cream.
- Remove eye make up with homemade formula, 3/4 water & 1/4 olive oil - Shake before use!
- Use your favourite blush as eyeshadow.
- Make your own fixing spray, put some mineral water in a spritzer bottle and add a few drops of oil of your choice and add add some Mac vanilla pigment for an extra glow.
- Try to do home made face masks, avocado & honey makes a great treatment for dry skin.
- Drink plenty of water for clear skin.
- Do facial yoga to fight the wrinkles and get rid of a double chin instead of a more eloborate treatment.
- Add a few drops of olive oil to your bath or moisturiser for a skin softening solution.
- Use avocado oil on your hair as a deep conditioning treatment, it really softens and gives the hair the life that hot tools take away.
- Customise a plain skirt with buttons or beads for a more personal touch.
- Revamp or purchase a plain bag and add bows onto it created from ribbons.
- Try to buy classic items that you can jazz up or change the look of with accessories instead of buying an outfit which has exceptional detail and costs 10X the amount.
- Try to get more use out of a thin silk/cotton scarf, use it as a hairband, a scarf or even a belt.
- Always stand up straight, this will make any outfit a million times better.
- Play up on your best feature to boost your confidence.
- Personalise a somewhat plain pair of shoes by sticking a bow on it to recreate that gorgeous pair of heels you always wanted.
- Make your "mumsy" dress chic by clenching it in with a waistbelt.
- Opt for cheaper wooden jewellery as opposed to cheap shiny diamond jewellery to avoid the "tacky" look.
- Dye your clothes to update your wardrobe; Example 1 - That white t shirt you never wear anymore because it's "boring"? make it red, blue or green perhaps? Example 2 - Your favourite black jeans have faded? just dye them black again.
Do you have any budget beauty or fashion tips? Feel free to share them in the comments.. x