I like an orange toned red and used a velvet matte lip pencil by Nars in 'Red Square' I usually reach for it in the summer but digged it out for this look! Makeup should have no boundaries! I topped it off with a coral lip gloss by Benefit in 'Fresh Squeeze' which has blue reflects in it, I added cool tones to contradict the warm but quite like the effect!
Here are my tips for this look:
- Make sure you have a matte face.
- Apply pale shimmery colours to the eyelid & define crease with a matte light brown e/s.
- Apply winged eyeliner concentrating on the outer corners only.
- Apply black eyeliner to the waterline.
- Apply black mascara.
- Apply a orange based red lipstick & top with a cool based lip gloss.
- Apply bronzer and highlight. I used Illamasqua's bronzing duo in 'Glint & Burnish'. (No blush!)
Are you ditching the smokey eye for the bright lip this time of year? I think I'm 50/50!