I refuse to spend silly amounts of money on Valentines day and instead try to show my appreciation with a personal touch. Last night I baked some 'Sweet Heart' cookies.
You know I am crazy about presentation, so I tried to make them look as adorable as possible.
I got my cookie cutter from Paperchase, along with all the other bits. I'm very obsessed with that shop, stationary is probably my 2nd biggest obsession after beauty products!
Here's the recipe that will make approx 20 large cookies!
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of butter (I used Lurpak)
- 2 Eggs
- Squeeze of orange juice for flavour.
- 2 Tea spoons of baking powder
Mix all together!
- I added flour until it turned into a dough and added some dark chocolate chips suitable for baking.
- I cut my heart shapes using the cookie cutter and baked on greaseproof paper in a preheated oven for roughly 20mins.
HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A FANTASTIC 'DAY'!! I am! :) X