- A cheek stain is for you if you like the idea of a cream blush, dislike the powdery texture and want a fresh looking blush that lasts ALL DAY.
- A lip stain is for you if you hate wearing lipstick as you can't stand the texture or want something to last ALL DAY on your lips.
- BODY SHOP - LIP & CHEEK STAIN (£9.50 - 8ml): This was actually the first stain I tried about 5 years ago and I went through about 20 tubes of it. It has a doe foot applicator and a watery consistency. The colour is like a Rose berry toned red. I used to wear it on my lips and my cheeks at the same time. It doesn't have a scent, overall a great product but I went through them TOO quickly. Omg, I have just checked the website and it's now also available in shimmering coral and bronze glimmer!
- Would I re purchase? Yes, but only in different shades as I am a bit bored of the colour I own.
- BENEFIT - BENETINT (£23.50 - 12.5ml): I discovered this soon after I discovered the Body Shop one, I have only ever purchased 2 bottles of this. It looks a bit like a nail varnish bottle, with a brush applicator. I loved this at first because of the rose scent, and because of the pink berry red colour. But, I actually find it hard to use as it's SO watery, as soon as you put it on your cheeks, it drips down. You have to work really quickly or your left with dodgy patches. Benefit also have 'Posey Tint' which is a thicker pinkified version of this, which I have never tried.
- Would I repurchase? No.
- BOURJOIS - ROUGE HI-TECH (£7.29 - 8.5ml): I first purchased one of these about 2 years ago, and have recently been reunited with another colour. These are much thicker in consistency than the others which give them better control. It has a does foot applicator making it easy for application. The Bourjois stains are actually marketed for your lips, but they are certainly safe to use on your cheeks. The colours are also more vivid looking and there is a wide variety of colours available. The most striking one for me is the coral (82 -Rouge Futuriste) as it's hard to find a stain in the warm toned family. The berry red (86 - Cyber cassis) looks like a dupe for the Benetint and Bodyshop stains, it looks more pigmented upon initial swatch, but once blended, it's from the same family.
Would I repurchase? Yes.
See swatches below, you can see that the 'Bene Tint' didn't even behave for the picture, drip drip drip all the way down.
Once blended, they all look very wearable, you can build the colour up to as dark or as sheer as you want.
Here are the swatches again with the initial swatches to show you how sheer yet buildable they are.
I have also tried Smashbox O-gel, which I didn't really like. I am gutted I never purchased Mac's 'Just a pinch' LE gel blush as I think I would have got a lot of use out of it.
What do you think of lip & cheek stains? Any favourites?
Disclaimer: I received one of the Bourjois products for review purposes, I was not paid for this post & I am not affiliated with any of the brands mentioned. This is my honest opinion as always.