My theory for wearing a scary bright colours is:
- Stick to one bright colour - No rainbow business!
- Tone it down with brown.
The yellow I used is Mac 'Bright Future' from the 'Style Warrior' collection, it's a veluxe pearl and has a subtle undertone of gold. I teamed it with Mac 'Bronze'. Below are some swatches...
Wearable? For me yes, I did go out in public with it. I like this look as you don't immediately see the yellow, it's only when I blink or look down, which makes it quite 'safe'.
Here is the order I did look in:
- Nars 'Smudgeproof eyeshadow base' as primer
- Mac 'Bright Future' e/s on eyelid.
- Mac 'Bronze' e/s on the outer corner and blended into crease.
- Urban Decay 'Bourbon' 24/7 pencil on upper lashline and waterline.
- Benefit 'Eye bright' to highlight.
- L'oreal Voluminous mascara.
With such a unique colour on my eyes, I wanted nude lips. I used YSL Rouge Volupte #2 (Sensual Silk), I think a darker brown would have looked nice too. I kept my cheeks bare with just a little bit of Chanel Bronze Universel. I did take photos of the full look but they were blurry, I am very anti blurry! :(
On another note, I removed the insert from one of my Mac palettes, and I fit 26 instead of 15 which is brilliant as I'm always trying to save space. I have also noticed this way that the colours really jump out and I can see the difference in all of them, as they are so close to each other.
Will you ever wear yellow eyeshadow? If so, how will you wear it?