But if you insist, (sometimes I do) be prepared.
Here are a my 10 tips:
- Don't go shopping in the obvious areas the first 3 days of the sale, it's just too much to handle, plus once the preliminary stock has sold the rest will be marked down even more.
- Go early in the morning, everything will have been sorted out the evening before and you will be able to find what you want.
- Don't wear too many bulky layers. Wear something simple and comfortable so it isn't a mission to try something on. ALWAYS wear flat shoes, I see some girls in heels and just look puzzled.
- ALWAYS wear a cross shoulder bag, keep it small and neat. Only carry what you need as the last thing you want is something going missing.
- Don't do impulse buying just because it's on sale, do you really need it? Do you have something similar?
- Only buy it if you love it that much and you would have paid full price for it, that way it really is a bargain.
- Always check the actual size matches the label, there will be a lot of mismatch labelling.
- Make some lunch at home, perhaps some sandwiches as the ques to even get something to eat is ridiculous at times, also keep hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
- Stick to a budget!
- If in doubt, shop online.
How do you fight the crowd?