I had my treatment done at Lisa Shepherd award winning salon in London.
At Lisa Shepherd they use Keratin Complex which is a completely formaldehyde free solution. See picture below for packaging.
- Wash hair with shampoo only.
- Dry hair.
- Section hair and apply Keratin Complex solution and ensure every bit of hair is coated.
- Leave the solution in for approx 30mins.
- Dry hair with hairdryer.
- Straighten hair with a straightening iron at 230 degrees to seal in the treatment.
- Do not wash your hair for 3 days.
- During the 3 days you can not get your hair wet at all which will prove difficult in this rain and snow, you can not tuck your hair behind your ears, you have to regularly brush it and if you wake up in the morning with a kink in your hair you have to flat iron it. You have to use a sulphate free shampoo in order for you not to strip the keratin from your hair.
Here's me below whilst I have the solution applied to my hair. Look at how frazzled the tops of my hair looks due to damage from heat and chemicals. Eeew!
..and here's me waiting with the Keratin applied to my hair.
Ta da! Here's the finished result. My hair looks smooth & improved!
Prices for the Brazilian blowout at Lisa Shepherd range from £231-£359 depending on the length of your hair.
However, I am happy to tell you Lisa Shepherd are offering YOU 20% off all of their treatments if you quote BUBBLEGARM. Brilliant! If you are in need of a treat then head over to Lisa Shepherd.
Overall this is a pricey treatment but one that your hair will thank you for. This way I don't have to apply that much heat to my hair and therefore not abuse it and get it to the length I want. I am scared this treatment is going to become a VERY expensive addiction. But, if I love the results as much as I do now after a couple of months, then I am having it done again, especially for Summer as my hair is a frizz ball and it's not that attractive. :)
The ultimate test will be when I wash my hair after 3 days and let it air dry. It looks pretty and I hope it lives up to the hype. Watch this space, I will do an update after about a week, I also purchased the keratin complex shampoo which should help my treatment last longer.
Have you had the Brazilian blowout, or are you considering it?
Disclaimer: This treatment was provided courtesy of Lisa Shepherd, I was not paid for this post and I am not affiliated with the company. Honest opinion as always!