I purchased this blush from Boots last week, I have had a few from Bourjois in the past but to me they all seemed the same until I discovered Rose D'or. (Price approx £7.49)
Like all Bourjois brushes, this comes with a brush. I threw my brush in the bin as it's so scratchy!
Forget the brush, onto the product.
- It reminds me a little of Nars 'Orgasm' blush but nicer and it's like a much more pinker version of Mac 'Stereo Rose' it has the same sort of dimension.
- It's more pink than peach and has beautiful finely milled golden specks of glitter. The glitter doesn't really translate on the face unless inspected with a magnifying glass.
- It adds a beautiful natural flush that really makes the cheeks glow.
- I used to love bright pink blushes, but now I prefer the more subtle hues, this one is perfect for everyday.
- It's pigmented, smooth and easily blendable.
- Great compact packaging which includes a mirror inside.
- This blush smells beautiful, it has a soft floral scent, but I am a bit rubbish with finding the correct descriptive words, so give it a sniff yourself!
- A problem that can occur over time with this blush and any baked blush is that once the oils from your face transfer onto the brush and into the product repeatedly it can cause it to frost. This makes the pigmentation virtually dissapear, to avoid that you can scrape a layer off.
Next time you see a Bourjois counter, give this a swatch! I would say paler skin tones should use a light hand and darker skin tones can pile it on.
What do you think of this shade?
P.S - I will try to do a fotd next with this, I have dyed my hair darker with a semi permanent dye, and got a couple of winter warmers.