In no particular order apart from colour variation...
- OPI: Jade is the new black - This is a dark jade green with a creme finish that needs 2 coats. I contemplated whether it was a summer colour or not, but it is! It's a nice way to do a bright colour without being too loud. It looks great on the nails and toes.
- AMERICAN APPAREL: Malibu Green - This is a bright turquoise that's more on the green side with a creme finish that needs 1-2 coats. It oozes attention and EVERYONE is bound to comment on your nails. The only downside is if you forget to use a base coat it stains your nails.
- REVLON: Minted - This is a pale pastel mint green with a creme finish that needs 3 coats. It's worth the effort as the outcome is beautiful and flattering on almost any skin tone. I used to have Barry M's version, but it just made my hands look ill.
- ESSIE: Lapis of Luxury - This is a pastel blue with a slight hint of purple that has a creme finish and needs 3 coats. I absolutely love this colour as I love lapis, it looks interesting and every time I wear it I get compliments.
- MAC: Mercenary - This is a metalic golden bronze that needs 3 coats. I love golds for the summer as it just emphasizes a tan and looks great with gold / bronze jewellery. This was limited edition from the Style Warriors collection a couple of years back.
- ESSIE: Haute as Hello - This is a pastel peachy coral creme shade that has a matte finish and needs at least 3 coats. It's not a breeze to apply, but when done with patience achieves a beautiful manicure or pedicure for the summer.
- BARRY M: Coral 296 - This is a bright true coral shade that looks amazing with a tan and only needs 1-2 coats.
- BARRY M: Bright Red 262 - I'm not usually one for reds in the summer but this red is SO bright with a glossy creme finish and only needs 1 coat. Enough said!
- OPI: Strawberry Margarita - A bright hot pink with a glossy creme finish that needs 1-2 coats. I love this for a mani and pedi as it just screams summer and femininity. I also like to be extra girly and top it off with glitter! :)
- OPI: Mod about you - This is a whitened pink with a blue undertone that has a creme finish which needs 3 coats. It sort of looks like a pink toned tipp-ex. This colour is by far my favourite for summer, EVERYONE comments on it, FYI - I was wearing it at the Mac event in the previous post.
What are your favourite polishes for summer?
I think I want a yellow polish to add to the stash...