Anyway, rolling on...
This post is going to be about a few things that I have and will be doing today to yummyify myself!
They offer various facials by different brands but I opted for 'Rodial' as I was intrigued by their products. I remember 'Laura' from 'Buy Now Blog Later' reviewed their 'Dragon's Blood Hyaluronic Mask' and it's a brand that has always been in the back of my head.
The 'House of Rush' is huge, the entrance looks like it's a small space but once you get up the stairs it's rather overpowering, I didn't know where to look. It's very chic yet cosy and I was comfortable waiting for my treatment.
The facial included the following products by Rodial:
- Glamtox Cleanser - Active cleansing balm
- Glamtox Facial Peel - Face lifting mask
- Glamtone - Hydrating facial spritz
- Glam Balm - Intensive anti aging balm
- Glamtox Skin Bleach Mask - Brightening acid mask for uneven skin tone
- Glamtox Eye - Reduces appearance of puffiness, dark circles & fine lines
- Glamoxy - Snake serum - Active face serum
- Glamtox SPF15 Day - Active daily moisturiser
The snake serum is the product I was most intrigued about, it's supposed to be like botox in a bottle, it's a viper inspired serum to lift the face, freeze muscles and plump fine lines. Apparently some people like to use this in between their botox treatments. Now I don't know if it did anything to me, but the facial itself was really relaxing, the face, scalp and shoulder massage was amazing, I didn't want it to end. Overall, I was pleased with the facial and I can't fault it, but I didn't notice a 'wow factor', my skin looked great after but it generally does after some TLC.
Here's what my skin looked like after...
The therapist asked me if I cleansed and toned and I didn't lie, I said I used to but I have generally been using a baby wipe and slapping the moisturiser on. So, when I left I went straight to Boots & restocked on my cotton rounds and when I got home placed them in a jar, tied some lace around it and made some labels. Job done. Hopefully now I will remember to actually use them.
Yes my friends... Cleanse, tone and moisturise.
I also took a trip to Lush as I wanted to buy 'Marilyn' a hair mask to help counteract brassiness as I did a DIY ombre job last night. I also ended up buying a few more things.
- 'New' Solid Shampoo - Got his purely because of the coral colour and because the sales assistant said it was gentle on the hair.
- 'Ickle Baby Bot' Bath Bomb - For Esra
- 'Rose Jam' Bubble Bar - For Esra but I will be halving it & using it for 2 baths.
I also got samples of:
- Trichomania soap bar shampoo for Esra & 'Big' Shampoo as I wanted to try it again without buying it! :) Here's a review I did on 'Big' a while back - Link!
Back to hair...
I dyed my hair dark brown last month but I missed my ombre so much that I did a DIY job. I used the 'Smart blonde' to lighten the tips of my hair, it's bleach free and I'm not entirely sure how it works but I only kept it on for 10 minutes and my hair is in perfect condition. It lightened up really nicely and I am happy with it but I feel it needs a little lifting and hopefully 'Marilyn' can sort that out. I got the 'Botanics' bitter dark chocolate brown to dye my roots darker to complete the 'ombre' with tonight or tomorrow morning.
Here's what my hair looks like today...
It's not been styled and I have no makeup on as I took it whilst waiting for the bus after my facial.
Anyway, this has been a long post but I definitely feel a bit yummier. I have an event to go to tomorrow and Esra's also invited, so that should be fun. I will share photos and you can see what my hair looks like properly!
Have you tried any of the products mentioned? If so what are your views?